Dan Woron Insurance Agency offers Vehicle Insurance Coverage in Florida. We will gladly review your coverage to make sure you are getting the best insurance coverage for the best price. We can offer you a wide variety of coverage options! Call us at (772) 878-7276 or start a Free Rate Quote.

Vehicle Insurance Products

  • Standar Auto
  • Non-Standard Auto
  • Classic Cars
  • RV
  • Motorcycle
  • Watercraft
red range rover

Vehicle Insurance Information

What is auto insurance?

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you're involved in an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company: you agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy. Auto insurance provides property, liability, and medical coverage:

  • Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
  • Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
  • Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation, and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.

An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements. Most auto policies' durations are six months to a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it’s time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.

What is Covered by a basic auto policy?

Your auto policy may include up to six coverages. Each coverage is priced separately.

  • 1. Bodily Injury Liability

    This coverage applies to injuries that you, the designated driver, or policyholder cause to someone else. You and family members listed on the policy are also covered when driving someone else’s car with their permission.

    It’s very important to have enough liability insurance, because you could be sued for a large sum of money in the event of an accident. We highly recommend buying more than the state-required minimum to protect assets such as your home and savings.

  • 2. Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

    This coverage pays for the treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car. In its broadest terms, PIP can cover medical payments, lost wages, and the cost of replacing professional responsibilities or services normally performed by someone injured in an auto accident. It may also cover funeral costs.

  • 3. Property Damage Liability

    This coverage pays for damage you (or someone driving the car with your permission) may cause to someone else's property. This generally applies to damage to someone else’s car but can also includes damage to public property like lamp posts, telephone poles, fences, buildings, or other structures your car collided with.

  • 4. Collision

    This coverage pays for damage to your car resulting from colliding with another car or object or flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes. Collision coverage is generally sold with a deductible of $250 to $1,000—the higher your deductible, the lower your premium. Even if you are at fault for the accident, your collision coverage will reimburse you for the costs of repairing your car, minus the deductible. If you're not at fault, your insurance company may try to recover the amount they paid you from the other driver’s insurance company. If they are successful, you'll also be reimbursed for the deductible.

  • 5. Comprehensive

    This coverage reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object, such as fire, falling objects, missiles, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, flood, vandalism, riot, or contact with animals like large birds or deer.

    Comprehensive insurance is usually sold with a $100 to $300 deductible, though you may want to opt for a higher deductible as a way of lowering your premium.

    Comprehensive insurance will also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered. Some companies offer glass coverage with or without a deductible.

  • 6. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage

    This coverage will reimburse you, a member of your family, or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured motorist or involved in a hit-and-run accident. Underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has insufficient or no insurance to pay for your total loss. This coverage will also protect you if you are hit as a pedestrian.


Request a Quote Today!

If you would like information about other types of personal insurance, please call our agency. We will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Or for an online Auto Insurance quote, just fill out the form on this page. We look forward to serving you!

    Scroll to Top